Thursday 27 March 2014

11 Things to Never Say to a Shoe Addict


Why do you need 3 different shoes all in the same color?

Each shoe serves a very specific purpose. I wear one of my black pumps with pants; I wear these black pumps with midi skirts, and these are reserved for parties.


You should wear more sensible shoes.

These are my sensible shoes. Sandy Mesh Pumps, L.A.M.B., $225, shopbop.com


Do you really need those?

I really do. They match this particular dress I've been trying to find a pair of shoes to match. Now that I've found the perfect duo, I can wear that dress all the time.
'Nina' d'Orsay Flat, Vince, $295, nordstrom.com


Don't those hurt to walk in?

Yes, but I can walk in them and they look amazing with my outfit.
Leopard-print glossed-leather slip-on sneakers, Saint Laurent, $495, net-a-porter.com


Those are still $450 on SALE! Are you crazy?

In response to the guy who usually says this: I see you spend ridiculous amounts of money on golfing/fishing/beer/video gaming consoles...how is this any different?
Printed patent-leather pumps, Miu Miu, $675, net-a-porter.com


You bought another pair?! You couldn't even pay your half of last month's rent on time.

But, I did pay it even if it was two weeks late. I just had to wait until I got paid again.
'Harrow' Bootie, Rag & Bone, $550, nordstrom.com


I haven't seen you wear these in ages...maybe you should give them away.

Those shoes have the most amazing memories.
'Sari Sandel', Carolinna Espinosa, $285, nordstrom.com


How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Hmm. Do I add in the two pairs I just ordered online? Are we counting gym shoes? Flip flops? What about the pair I pre-ordered but won’t get until summer?
Suede Ankle Boots, Gianvito Rossi, $850, net-a-porter.com


It's raining outside, aren't you worried those will get ruined?

That's why I use a golf umbrella. It protects a two-foot radius around my shoes.
Lovisa Ankle Strap Pumps, Alexander Wang, $495, shopbop.com


Carrie Bradshaw is not a real person and just because she bought shoes all the time does not mean you need to.

Look at how successful she was—she had an amazing writing career, great friends, and ended up with the love of her life. Just because she had a *little* shoe addiction did not stand in her way of living life to its fullest. That, to me, is something to emulate.
Malibu Stripe Sandels, CJG, $200, topshop.com


Your feet are going to look gross when you're older.

Perhaps, but I'll have great shoes to cover them up with. Blur Yvette Snake Print Pumps, Guiseppe Zanotti, $675, ssense.com

Source Marie Claire









No comments:

Post a Comment